Read this article to Download Honeywell DVR Software for PC. Many users are unable to discover the official CMS of Honeywell DVRs & NVRs. That’s why, I’ve decided to provide a direct link to that program, so users can fully benefit from the free remote surveillance services on Windows 10 & Mac OS.
How Can I Download Honeywell DVR Software for PC?
You don’t need the assistance of any third-party software to Download Honeywell DVR Software for PC. Because an official CMS is available for both Windows & Mac operating systems. Here, I’ll discuss the proper set of instructions required to install & use Honeywell DVR software on Windows & Mac computer.
Download Honeywell DVR Software for Windows
Download Honeywell DVR Software for Mac
Honeywell DVR Software for Windows 10/8/7 & Mac OS
- After downloading the uploaded folder, extract it using programs like WinZip or 7Zip.
- Now from the extracted folder, launch the setup file.
- Grant nesscary permissions to start the installation wizard.
- From the first interface of the installation window, hit Next
- Read the terms & conditions carefully and click on the Ok button after you have selected I certify bullet.
- If you also wish to use Honeywell DVR Software for network configuration, check the WinpCap box and hit Next
- Click on the Install button if you agree with all selections you made previously.
- After a couple of seconds, Honeywell DVR Software for PC will be installed and ready to use.
If you are installing Honeywell DVR Software for Windows for the first time, you’ll be asked to set a client password. Because the username by default is admin, you can use the selected password to perform Honeywell DVR Login in the future.
- Once you have logged in, click Device Management from the client’s main interface.
- Hit the Add button to proceed in the process.
- Fill in all the required information of a device that you wish to connect with the CMS.
- If you wish to add the device via DDNS or serial number, select Private Domain Mode
- Hit the Add button once you are done adding the device’s information.
- Now to watch the added camera’s live view, navigate to the Live View section.
- Go to the desired group name to watch a specific live stream.
Honeywell App for PC
One possible solution to use Honeywell DVR on your computer is to get Honeywell App for PC. The name of the application available on a smartphone is Honeywell Home that you can get on your PC using an Android emulator. Because these programs can assist you the best in case of using Android apps on PC.
It is better to get a product that doesn’t compromise the security of your computer. So if you don’t want your PC to lag while emulating Mobile OS, try getting BlueStacks App Player. Because this emulator runs perfectly on devices with more than 8GB RAM with an Intel or AMD processer.
FAQs About Honeywell DVR Software for PC
Q) What Is The Difference Between DVR and NVR?
A) Technically, DVR means Digital Video Recorders. As in NVR stands for Network Video Recorder. However, DVR helps you view the live feeds and record videos. But the NVR only shows and stores video without performing any extra processing. So NVRs are quite fast as compared to DVRs.
Q) How Do I Access My Honeywell NVR Remotely?
A) You can use Honeywell Software for PC to watch NVR remotely. But you have to ensure that your monitoring device stays connected with an internet connection. And you have fully configured your NVR in the CMS. That’s the only way possible to watch your live video feeds remotely.
Q) Can NVR Be Hacked?
A) A security camera can be hacked, but only if it’s connected with a vulnerable network. Else, it is not possible to hack into the surveillance system to access videos from NVR. Because the network video recorders are famous for their encrypted protocols. So you don’t have to worry about that at all.
That’s all, CCTV Team has got regarding Honeywell DVR Software for PC (Windows & Mac).