Users can benefit from HQ Connect for PC using an official CMS. But to use it, they are required to acknowledge a bunch of steps to help them achieve such a goal. Here, I would like to discuss what they should be doing to download, install, and configure HQ Connect on Windows or Mac operating systems.
How Do I Download HQ Connect for PC?
The link to the official HQ Connect PC Client is listed below. But this client will only work on Windows Laptop & Desktop devices. So if you wish to get it on your Mac device, you’ll be required to perform a different procedure. In this guide, I’ll show ways to help you use HQ Connect for Windows & HQ Connect for Mac OS.
The installation process of HQ Connect for PC isn’t different from any other software for Windows computers. Because all you have to do is complete the onscreen tasks instructed by the installation wizard. And if you are willing to benefit from a complete guide with screenshots, head below:
- Extract the downloaded folder and launch the HQ Connect Setup file from it.
- Depending upon your needs, select one option depending:
- Client: Only to benefit from CMS
- Storage Server: To select either you wish to use your computer to record and save videos.
- Stream Media Server: To transmit your live feeds on clients from your PC.
- Now click on the Install button to begin the process.
- Try not to interact with the installation wizard while the installation’s in progress.
- Check the create a desktop for client checkbox and hit Next
- At last, hit the Finish button to end the installation process.
HQ Connect Login
After launching HQ Connect PC from your device’s desktop, you’ll be asked to perform a simple login process. You need to enter your username as “admin” and enter the password of your choice. And after entering the required information, click on the Login button to proceed.
After you have logged in to the software, you’ll be directed to the program’s main interface. Now it’ll be your duty to configure the cameras depending upon your specifications. It’s better to add cameras through the same Wi-Fi network, if you want to configure them manually, you can use the following instructions:
- Click on the + Dodaj icon to add a new device.
- Now select your desired protocols for adding devices and fill the required fields like Port, IP address, etc. Afterward, click on the Dodaj button and your device will be added to the list.
Live Preview from HQ Connect for PC
Once your devices are configured correctly, their details will start to appear in the left pane inside the device list. Now to live preview camera feeds, you only need to select your device from the left side window. Because once you do that, their live feeds will start to appear on the big screen.
HQ Connect App for PC (Unofficial Method for Mac Users)
Mac users can start using Android emulators. Because such programs can assist them well in using the HQ Connect App for PC. Users simply need to install one Android emulator on their computer and use it to emulate Mobile OS. Thereafter, launch the Google Play Store for PC on it.
The best option of using HQ Connect for Mac is through BlueStacks. Because this one emulator tends to run perfectly on both Windows & Mac computers. You get to use it without having to pay any additional charges and only use it for your benefit. You can easily get it from the official website of BlueStacks App Player.