The process of downloading & installing iDMSS Lite for PC is simple as a walk in the park. You are only required to get the official Client that supports Dahua surveillance devices on your computer. Afterward, configure to installed Client to view live streams on a bigger display of your desktop or laptop.
How Can I Use iDMSS Lite for PC?
Depending upon the currently installed operating system, you have to download iDMSS Lite for PC from the provided links. The official of its CMS is Smart PSS. If you are not aware of using this software for your need, I’ll assist you. But you also need to extract the folder after you have downloaded it.
Download iDMSS Lite for Windows
- After extracting the downloaded folder, launch the iDMSS Lite Setup file. On the first interface, you’ll be asked to perform the following operations:
- Select Preffered Language
- Accept Software Agreement
- Click on the Next button
- Make the appropriate selection and move forward:
- Select SmartPSS if you want to only view live streams on your device
- Select Storage Service as well to use your computer as a media recording device.
- Now make the following optional selections and hit Install
- Choose the destination folder
- Create CMS shortcuts
- After the Client is installed, check Run SmartPSS and hit Finish
iDMSS Lite Login
You’ll be asked to select a strong password to secure your account for all sorts of vulnerabilities. Once you have selected a password, you’ll be directed to the login page. From there, you need to enter the default username of Admin and the chosen password. After entering the required information, click on the Login button.
Configure iDMSS Lite
- From the main interface of the SmartPSS Client, click on Devices >> +Add
- Enter your device’s details and click on the Add button.
- The added devices status will be shown inside the Devices list.
iDMSS Lite Live View
- To watch the live streams, click on New >> Live View
- Select the IPC/DVR from the left pane to watch live streams.
iDMSS Lite App for PC (Alternative Method)
If you want to benefit from the interface of the iDMSS Lite App for PC, you can use the services of Android emulators. Such programs help you emulate Android OS, so to benefit from this app on your computer, you should be using Google Play Store for PC to install GDMSS Lite.
A bunch of good Android emulators are available in the market, but using BlueStacks will be good enough for you. Because this emulator provides a lag-free interface, resulting-in, you are allowed to use your desired smartphone app on your computer. And you can get it from an official source.
FAQs About iDMSS Lite
Q) What Is iDMSS Lite?
A) iDMSS Lite is a remote video surveillance software available for the convenience of smartphone users. It is developed for the owners of Dahua surveillance systems, so they can watch the live footage of their cameras remotely. No restriction follows a user who wishes to add multiple devices in a singular app.
Q) What’s The Difference Between iDMSS Lite and iDMSS Plus?
A) Services like alarm management and push notifications are missing from iDMSS Lite for PC. But it’s never a bother because the iDMSS Plus is also free to use. The reason for providing two different versions is to avoid any compatibility issues. So no matter if a user has a slower device, he can always benefit from the live video monitoring services.
Q) How To Connect Dahua Camera To My Phone?
A) You can easily connect your Dahua Camera to your phone using the services of apps like iDMSS Lite. To do so, simply navigate to Camera >> Menu >> Device Manager >> Add. Now select the wired or wireless protocol. If you are selecting the wired protocol, enter the camera details and hit the Add button.