I present a simple procedure to use VIVOTEK iViewer for PC. You can use my tutorial to understand how to install & configure VIVOTEK IP Cameras on your computer. So I’ll try to be precise and only deliver the easiest way possible to get this job done. Read the drafted instructions carefully before you implement them on the CMS.
How Do I Use VIVOTEK iViewer for PC?
First of all, you need to Download VIVOTEK iViewer for PC. Afterward, follow this guide to learn an easy way to install and configure the official CMS. Though, if you wish to take advantage of its Android app on your computer, I’ll assist you in such a case by teaching an unofficial method.
Download VIVOTEK iViewer for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
Download VIVOTEK iViewer for Mac
- Extract the downloaded package and open the VIVOTEK Setup file from it. On the first interface, you’ll be asked to read the Client license agreement and click on the I Agree button.
- Make the following selections to proceed:
- Server (Server Only or Server with OpenVPN)
- Browse for the folder destination or go with the default selection
- Once the installation progress bar completes, click on the Close button.
VIVOTEK iViewer Login
Check the Local Station checkbox and enter your IP address inside the VIVOTEK iViewer Login page. You are also required to enter your account details. If you are new to this Client, you can use the default username and password as “Admin”. After entering the right details, click on the Login button.
VIVOTEK IP Camera Setup
- After a successful login, the Client will show the list of devices associated with your IP Address. You need to select the cameras that you would like to add to this CMS.
- Make an appropriate selection by choosing the right recording routine and device. Hit Ready to use after selecting your desired settings.
- Wait until the CMS implies your selections.
- Now a list of configured devices will be shown inside the left pane. You need to select an individual IPC to watch its live feed on the right pane. Four-channeled multi-view is supported by the VIVOTEK iViewer CMS.
VIVOTEK iViewer App for PC
To use VIVOTEK iViewer App for PC, try using an Android emulator. These programs help you emulate Android OS without having to ask you to perform any configuration steps. So you’ll not face any difficulty in benefiting from such third-party software, because they are only available for your convenience.
BlueStacks can help you a lot in using VIVOTEK iViewer App on Windows & Mac operating systems. You can get this App Player from its official website and install it directly on your computer. And, when you launch the emulator, open the Google Play Store on it to install your desired app.
FAQs About VIVOTEK iViewer
Q) What Is The Default IP Address For VIVOTEK Cameras?
A) If you are unable to connect your VIVOTEK cameras just because you can’t acknowledge their IP, you are allowed to use the default IP address. The default IP of VIVOTEK cameras is 192.168. 0.3, you can use this address to your convenience. But make sure that the port number isn’t changed by the network administrator.
Q) What Is A Speed Dome Camera?
A) A Speed Dome Camera contains wider zoom options as compared to the ordinary dome camera. It gives you the option of a 360-degree pan and 180-degree tilt zoom. Likewise, such cameras are supported by the VIVOTEK iViewer for PC clients, so you can view them on your computer.
Q) How Do I Update VIVOTEK Firmware?
A) You are not required to update VIVOTEK Firmware manually. So just connect your computer with the same network as your IPC and visit the download page on a web browser. Now stay connected and allow your IPC to detect the available updates and install them instantly.