Read the whole tutorial to recognize ways to use Luma for PC. Here, I’ve added solutions to help my readers download Luma VMS on Windows & Mac operating systems. But because just downloading the file isn’t going to be enough, you’ll also be required to install and configure the VMS depending upon your requirements.
How Can I Use Luma for PC
Users have several options to use Luma for PC. Either they can get its VMS on their computer to watch the live streams. Or, benefit from a third-party approach to take advantage of Luma App for PC. So I’ll discuss both ways to help readers make the most out of their IP cameras and digital recorders.
Download Luma for Windows
Download Luma for Mac
- Launch the Luma Camera Setup from the extracted folder and proceed by clicking Next
- Make appropriate selections like folder destination, Client, and hit Next
- On the InstallShield, click on the Install button
- Wait until the VMS installation progress completes
- Check the Create Desktop for Client checkbox and hit Next
- Accept the VMS license agreement and move forward
- Hit the Install button to start the installation of Desktop Client
- Once done, click on the Finish button.
- At last, hit Finish on the Luma VMS InstallShield Wizard.
Luma Login & Device Configuration
- Enter your new account details to register as a Super User
- From the main interface, select Device List and complete the Luma Login procedure
- Click on the Add button and enter your desired device’s details
- Once the device is configured, its details will appear inside the Device Management tab.
Luma – Live Footage
- Navigate to the Control Panel on Luma and select Live View
- Now camera feeds will be shown inside the Client’s interface
Luma App for PC (Alternative Solution)
If you insist on using Luma App for PC, you are requested to use the services of an Android emulator. Such programs are your option for emulating Android OS on your computer. You can benefit from them without paying any real money and implying any complicated configuration process.
BlueStacks is the best option to use Luma for Windows & Mac. It works perfectly without providing any laggy behavior and helps you access Google Play Services with ease. You need to download the emulator’s file from a trusted source and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
FAQs About Luma
Q) What Is Luma?
A) Luma gives you the option of viewing your live feeds remotely. It helps you watch the live footage of your surveillance cameras while they are attached to an NVR. The easiest way to set up your Luna camera is by configuring the IP of digital/network recorders. So you don’t have to configure all your cameras one by one.
Q) Are Luma Cameras Good?
A) Yes, Luma surveillance can help you a lot in cases when you want to watch the live feeds in high quality. All your private camera feeds are secured and safe from cybercriminal activities. You can easily access the live footage from any place of your choice, but only if your monitoring device is connected to the internet.
Q) How Do I Reset Luma Surveillance?
A) You don’t have to be an expert to reset Luma camera devices. But remember, once you have reset your cameras, you’ll be required to configure them again. You’ll be required to configure their IP and port number, so they can be attached to NVRs.
- Unplug your Luma camera and leave it for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now plug the camera and allow it to enter the power-cycle mode.
- During power-cycling, long-press the reset button for about 30 seconds.
- If the camera reboots, it means that it has been reset successfully.