Here is a guide to help users download UniFi Protect on Windows PC. It’s an UniFi Video replacement that’s developed for the upgraded surveillance devices. So my goal will be of telling you a simple method to use this upgraded application on your computer. I will also describe some facts about this live video monitoring app.
How Do I Use UniFi Protect on Windows PC
Individuals can use the services of an Android emulator to benefit from UniFi Protect for PC. Because this application is yet available on Android & iOS platforms. So you need to assist with a program to emulate Android OS without having to perform any extra hassle. And for that, you can benefit from BlueStacks App Player.
App Player Requirements
||10.0 or later
|At least 4GB RAM
||At least 4GB RAM
Download BlueStacks for Windows & Mac
- Download BlueStacks and launch the downloaded file to start its installation wizard. At first, you will be requested to click on the Install Now button to proceed.
- After initializing the installation process, wait until the file uploading & extraction is completed.
- Once the installation is completed, click on the Complete button
- Now wait until the home instance of BlueStacks App Player is shown to you
App Player Usage
- From the main instance, you need to go to the Game Center and open Google Play Store on App Player
- Now perform a Google ID login to access Play Services
- Keep waiting for several seconds, until the play store instance is shown to you
- Afterward, click on the search bar and open UniFi Protect using it
- At last, click on the Install button to complete the app’s installation process.
From there, you can click on the Open button to launch UniFi Protect on Windows PC or Mac. Though, you also have the option of launching the installed applications from the My Apps section. You can also manage the installed applications from this section easily.
UniFi Protect Login
Users also have the option of benefiting from UniFi Protect online on PC using a web browser. This option is beneficial for users who only wish to watch the live streams, but do not wish to perform configuration procedures. Because using this web portal, a user is only allowed to benefit from the associated devices.
Tip/Trick: For your convenience, you can use the above-provided solution to configure your UniFi cameras and NVRs from a computer. And then, use the web version to watch the CCTV footage of them. Because the usage of an emulator isn’t preferred when you are performing other tasks on your computer.
FAQs About UniFi Protect
Q) What Is UniFi Protect?
A) UniFi Protect is developed for users who wish to take advantage of remote video surveillance services. It helps users connect their cameras with a monitoring device. They don’t need the assistance of the UniFi controller app. Simply install this application on your monitoring device to start protecting your property from invaders and suspicious activities.
Q) Is UniFi Protect Worth It?
A) To tell you the truth, you should download UniFi Protect on Windows PC or Mac devices. Thanks to its easy-to-use and friendly UI, you can easily configure & connect your surveillance devices using the PoE facility. The Power-over-Ethernet is provided for the ease of both installers & device owners.
Q) Is UniFi Video Dead?
A) Unfortunately, UniFi Video is no longer supported by Ubiquiti Inc. But a good thing is that users now have the option of using UniFi Protect for PC that’s an upgraded video monitoring solution. The application works with all the latest NVR and cameras, so users can benefit from it without wasting any real money.