Introducing a guide to help my readers download Lorex Home for PC. So that, users have the option of viewing the camera feeds on a computer, without wasting any real money on untrusted products. The written solutions are quite straightforward, even novice users can understand from them.
How Do I Use Lorex Home for PC
Gladly, you can easily download Lorex Home for Windows and Lorex Home for Mac OS. So there’s no need of implying any unofficial methods to complete the task. However, for a user’s guide, I will talk about both official and alternative methods. So that, users have the option of viewing live feeds in their preferred interface.
Lorex Client Requirements
|10.0 or later
|At least 4GB RAM
|At least 4GB RAM
|Intel Core i-3 or above
|Intel Core i5 or above
Official Client Installation & Login:
After downloading a package from the given links, don’t forget to extract them. You can either use the WinRAR or WinZip software to extract the downloaded folder. After extracting the folder, launch the Lorex Client Setup file to start its installation process.
- From the first interface of the Setup Wizard, click on the Next button
- Select desired folder destination (Optional) and hit Next
- To begin the installation, click on the Install button
- Wait until the installation progress is completed
- Check the Launch Lorex Client checkbox and hit Finish
Lorex Home Login
While launching the Client for the first time, you will be asked to confirm your action. After you have confirmed your action, you will be led to the Lorex Home Login instance. For that, you can use the default username i.e: “admin” and before clicking on the Login button, enter the required information.
In case you are not ok with the interface of the Lorex Client, you have the option of using the Lorex Home App for PC. But for that, you are required to benefit from a third-party program named Android emulator. I will describe how to benefit from BlueStacks App Player to get the app’s services on your Windows or Mac device.
|10.0 or later
|5GB free disk space
|8GB free disk space
Emulator Installation & Usage
- After launching the downloaded file, click on the Install Now button.
- Wait for the installer to complete the files downloading, uploading, and extracting process.
- Afterward, click on the Complete button and check the Auto-start upon completion box
- Now wait for BlueStacks to start the Android engine on your computer
- Navigate to the Game Center and click on the Play Store icon
- Complete the Google ID login procedure
- Click on the search bar from the main instance of play store
- Type Lorex Home inside the search bar and hit Enter
- Hit the Install button to start the app installation process.
After a couple of seconds, Lorex Home for PC will be installed and ready to use. For now, you can click on the Open button to launch it. But in the future, you can navigate to the My Apps section on BlueStacks to launch the installed apps. Because all of the installed applications are present in this section.
View Lorex Live Footage Remotely on Web Browser
In case you are not into installing any Client software to watch Lorex Home live feeds, you have the option of simply using a web browser. Windows users can benefit from the Windows Explorer 11 and Mac users can use the Safari browser to get the job done.
- Launch the web browser on your computer
- Type the Lorex DDNS Address or System IP inside the URL bar and press Enter
- Start viewing your digital recorders associated with the entered DDNS address.
FAQs About Lorex Home
Q) Is Lorex Home Free To Use?
A) Gladly, it doesn’t cost you a single dollar to benefit from Lorex Home services. Because the applications and the cloud services associated with it are free to benefit from.
Q) How To View Lorex Cameras On TV?
A) You can’t directly view Lorex Cameras on your TV. Because they’ll only work if your TV is connected with a streaming device like Chromecast, Apple TV, Fire TV, etc. However, you do have the option of connecting the streaming devices with your TV using an HDMI cable.
Q) Does Lorex Home Works Without Wi-Fi?
A) Most of your wireless cameras that are connected with your digital recorders don’t need access to the internet. And, several IP cameras can also work without the internet. Though, if you want to make the most out of your surveillance devices and access remote video surveillance, you will be required to connect your devices with the internet.
That’s all, keep visiting CCTVTeam to learn remote video surveillance tips/tricks.