Here’s a guide to assist you in downloading Kestrel Viewer for PC. My focus will be on guiding you to access your surveillance devices from your computer. And, I will help you get the right CMS to watch live footage on a bigger display. So keep following this post, until you recognize the right procedure to get this job done.
How Do I Use Kestrel Viewer for PC?
Windows users have multiple options of using Kestrel Viewer for PC. They can use a Client named QVMS and the services of an Android emulator to control their video monitoring devices. As for Mac users, they can only benefit from the Android emulation to install this Android app on PC. So I have added both solutions to this article.
1. Client Solution
||Intel Core-i5 or above
Download QVMS for Windows
Download Kestrel File Player for Windows
The Client (QVMS) will help you configure and view live feeds. As Kestrel File Player is added, so you don’t have to face any compatibility issues while playing the recorded media. You can install both these utilities on your Windows PC, as I will describe the process of installing the QVMS Client in this section.
- After extracting the downloaded file, launch the QVMS Setup file on your PC. You simply need to click on the Next button to initiate the installation.
- Ensure that the required disk space is lower than the available space. Or, click on the Change button to customize the folder destination and hit Next to proceed.
- After viewing the previously made selections, click on the Next button.
- Wait for the installation progress bar to complete.
- Once you are notified about the successful installation of the Client, click on the Finish button.
Launch the VMS from the newly created desktop shortcut. For the first, you will be redirected to the Login page of the Client. Before proceeding, you can use the default username as “admin” and leave the password field blank. Thereafter, click on the Login button to get to the home interface of the Client.
- From the Control Panel of the VMS, click on the Device Manager tab.
- Now click on the Manual Add button and enter the required details to connect the preferred devices.
- Navigate back to the Control Panel and click on the Main View tab.
- The Live feeds of configured devices will be shown inside the VMS.
2. Kestrel Viewer App for PC (Windows & Mac)
Mac and Windows users have the advantage of using programs like BlueStacks to emulate Android OS. They can install Kestrel Viewer App for PC and start using it just like they do on a smartphone. And, if they get the right product, they will not have to bear the complications followed in emulating smartphone OS on a computer.
To get things started, download & install BlueStacks App Player. Once the emulator is installed and ready to use, launch it and allow it to redirect you to its home interface. Now, launch the Google Play Store on it and install Kestrel Viewer to be used inside the emulator.
FAQs About Kestrel Viewer
Q) What Is Kestrel Viewer?
A) Kestrel Viewer is a free video monitoring software designed to help access remote surveillance services. The app contains various beneficial services like media recording & playback, live footage, multi-channeling, etc. Users can connect their digital recorders and IPC with its CMS.
Q) Is Kestrel Viewer Free and Safe To Use?
A) Yes, Kestrel Viewer for PC is free to use and you can trust this application with your private live feeds. Because your account activities are encrypted and no third-party user is allowed to access them. Further, you can add a strong password, so that your account remains protected from invaders.
That’s all, keep visiting CCTVTeam for similar guides.