Read the following article to understand ways to download and use GWEye for PC. If you insist on using your GW Security surveillance devices from a computer, you can consult with the drafted procedure. Because I will share the proper procedure of using the GW CMS to configure and live stream camera feeds on PC.
How Do I Use GWEye for PC?
Windows and Mac users can perform two different solutions to benefit from GWEye for PC. So I will start by explaining the method of using GW CMS on a computer. Afterward, introduce you to an unofficial solution, that can be helpful for users who wish to use its smartphone app on their PC.
1. GWEye on Windows PC and Mac
|Operating System||Windows 11/10/8/7/Mac|
|RAM||4GB or above|
|Processor||Intel Core-i3 or Apple M1|
To initiate the installation of GWEye, do extract the downloaded folder using WinZip or WinRAR. Because I have added the compressed folders in the download links.
- After initiating the installation Setup, click on the Next button.
- Now, select a folder destination of your choice and hit Next
- From the Ready to install interface of the InstallShield, click on Next.
- Wait for a couple of seconds while the installer uploads the required files.
- Once the installation is completed, click on the Finish button.
Every user is required to perform a GW Login to proceed to the client’s dashboard. There’s no need for registration on the computer because the developers have provided default account credentials. So here, you need to enter username “admin” and password “888888” and simply click on the Login button.
- From the client’s dashboard, click on the Device Manager tab.
- Click on the Manual Add option to start configuring your device.
- On the appearing popup, enter the device details and click on the Ok button.
- After configuring your devices, navigate back to the control panel and click on Main View.
- Select your devices from the left sidebar to view their live feeds.
2. GWEye App for PC
If you are not interested in benefiting from the official surveillance and prefer to use GWEye App for PC, you require an Android emulator. Because this third-party program can assist you well in emulating Android OS on your PC. So you have the option of benefiting from the Google Play Store on PC.
For the best Android emulation experience on Windows and Mac OS, I would recommend you to use BlueStacks App Player. Because this emulator can help you install Android apps on your computer for free. All you have to do is get its file from an official source and install it. Now, launch the emulator and open Google Play Store on it to install the GWEye app.
FAQs About GWEye
Q) What is GWEye?
A) GWEye is a free video surveillance tool developed to work with GW78 series digital recorders. The app contains some useful features for users who wish to access their camera feeds remotely. Because it simply provides remote access to your NVR and XVR.
Q) Is Mult-Channeling Supported by GWEye?
A) The answer to this question is yes, GWEye supports multi-channeling and multi-viewing. Users can select their preferred multi-view protocols from the Main View section. But if they wish to focus on a particular feed, it’s better to watch the live feed on fullscreen.
Q) Can I Record Videos using GW CMS?
A) Yes, GW CMS allows users to create a backup of their important media files. Individuals can store moments from the live feeds in the shape of small clips and images.
That’s all, keep visiting CCTVTeam for similar guides.