Read the following article if you require assistance in using QCam Link for PC. So you can use its surveillance client to take full control of your IPC and digital recorder from a computer. The PC Client is also developed by the camera manufacturers, so you can benefit from it, without paying any extra charges.
How Do I Use QCam Link for PC?
Individuals can benefit from the SmartClient to access their surveillance devices from PC. A good thing is that this CMS is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. So there will be no need of using the services of any third-party emulators unless you want to benefit from the same smartphone app’s services on your computer.
After downloading a folder from the given links, you need to extract them. Because the available files are compressed, and you need to decompress them using utilities like WinZip or WinRAR. Next up, launch the Setup file to begin the installation.
- From the welcome interface of the SmartClient, click on the Next button.
- If you want to customize the folder destination, click on the Browse button or just click on the Next button to proceed.
- Select the WinPcap and MicrosoftAt components, as they are important to run the Client.
- Choose the name and path for the start menu folder and move forward.
- Create additional shortcuts for your convenience.
- After viewing the previously made selections, click on the Install button.
The InstallShield of WinPCap will now start to appear, you need to install WinPCap, to properly benefit from the Smart Client.
- Click on the Next button to initiate the installation.
- Agree to the software license.
- Check the Automatically start the WinPCap driver at boot time box and hit Install.
- Once the installation is completed, click on the Finish button.
- Next up, check the Launch SmartClient box and hit Finish.
- Now grant required access to Smart Client, so its features can run properly on your system.
QCam Link Login & Configuration
After launching Smart Client, you will be directed to its home interface. From where you will be required to complete the login procedure and device configuration. You can leave the password field blank and select the default username i.e: “admin”. However, enter the device details, so the CMS can take to directly to the live streaming instances.
QCam Link Live View
If you have chosen the Connect mode as IP Address and entered the right device details, all of your live streams associated with the configured IP will be shown to you. By default, the multi-channeling is set to four, which you can change from the control bar. Further, select your preferred surveillance devices from the left pane.
FAQs About QCam Link
Q) What Is QCam Link?
A) QCam Link is a free video surveillance tool that gives remote access to digital recorders and network cameras. It consists of various facilities like video playback, audio support, PTZ support, screenshots, etc. And, users can avail all such services for free.
Q) What Networks are Supported by QCam?
A) All of the basic networks are supported by QCam for PC. Users can connect their devices with Wi-Fi, cellular data, or broadband. The CMS doesn’t restrict connection with any network. Though, it works efficiently even when connected to slow networks.
Q) Can I Record Videos from QCam Live Feeds?
A) With the video playback facility enabled, users can watch the saved videos from the live footage. They can record any instance from live feeds in the shape of videos or snapshots. All of the recorded media can be exported to local or external SD cards.
That’s all, keep visiting CCTVTeam for similar guides.