- First, you need to download the BlueStacks Android Emulator if you are installing XC Guide mobile version for PC. Otherwise, you can download the Windows or Mac Client on your PC.
- After BlueStacks is installed on your Windows or Mac. You need to Log in using your Gmail account.
- Open Google Play in BlueStacks and download the XC Guide on your PC.
I have made a simple step-by-step guide in order for you to learn how to download and install XC Guide on a PC running Windows or Mac.
Does XC Guide Android App works on PC:
It does I have tried it. But to be honest, I cannot say it works perfectly because sometimes it does work and sometimes it does not. Using an Android emulator on a PC does provide an Android ecosystem.
But that doesn’t mean it works without any flaws. However, as I said most of the time Android CCTV apps do work and you can easily use them on a PC.
About XC Guide:
XC Guide helps pilots and retrieve drivers track each other using these systems:
Open Glider Network (OGN)
Garmin inReach ®
FANET live-tracking and text messaging requires either the Air3 7.3+ tablet or an 868MHz LoRa module with GxAirCom firmware.
FLARM ® can be received and transmitted with an XC Tracer or GxAirCom module.
Telegram groups work with XC Guide using the XCView.net service.
General Aviation traffic using ADS-B can also be displayed when linked to a SkyEcho2 ADS-B transceiver or using the OpenSky ® service.
The main App features are:
1) A Flight Computer indicating altitude above sea level and above ground level, ground speed, bearing, climb/sink rate, glide angle, wind direction, time, flight duration and distance from takeoff.
Barometric pressure can be obtained either from an internal sensor or via a Bluetooth XC-Tracer ®, BlueFly vario or MipBip+ vario.
2) A pilot list, showing wing type (or photo), relative direction, tracker type and status messages. Contacts permission is requested if the integrated contact features are used.
3) A map showing other pilots, retrieve buses, airspace, way-points, thermal hot-spots, flight trails plus safety and retrieve messages. FANET weather reports and thermals appear on the map automatically.
4) Navigation tool to manage waypoints and tasks.
5) Thermal assistant widget on the map.
6) Rain radar and cloud cover widget.
7) Competition race tasks. Tasks are fully compatible with the new PG-Race.aero service. Camera permission is requested when scanning QR codes, for easy task sharing.
Audible warnings alert you to ‘SOS’ and ‘Retrieve’ messages, airspace proximity, XC TRACER FLARM ® collision warnings, and new FANET messages.
Flights are logged as IGC and KML files, and can be replayed.
IGC files from XC Guide are accepted by FAI/CIVL and verified by the online validation service. They are also accepted by XContest.
XC Guide can automatically send an email to your safety contacts when you take off and land.
Detailed help in English, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Hindi and Chinese is included in the App.
Note: Since Version 300, XC Guide folders are located in:
If un-installing XC Guide, all these folders are deleted automatically by the operating system. So please backup important files, such as your flight logbook and IGC flight logs.
Source: Google Play
Should I Download BlueStacks or Nox Player? Is it Safe?
I have been using BlueStacks and Nox app player for quite some time. I have never faced any issue regarding Security or privacy. So I can say, that it’s safe to download both.
But there is a point I would like to address. Keep that in mind, if you have a low-end PC or Laptop. I would suggest going for lite Android emulators because BlueStacks has its own core engine and it does eat up a lot of resources.
Thus, your system will start lagging, slowing up, and also it will freeze up too. Other than that, there is no issue whatsoever.
Download Android Emulator for Windows and Mac:
As I have told you before that there is no direct way to install Android apps on a PC. So you will require an Android emulator for this specific purpose. You can download Android Emulator from the following links. One link is for BlueStacks and the other one is for Nox.
How to Install BlueStacks and Nox on a Windows or Mac PC:
Heed the instructions below and you will learn how you can install and configure BlueStacks and Nox. Installing and configuring both emulators is very simple. It feels the same as setting up an Android device.
- Download the EXE file from the link given above. Mac users, need to download the DMG file.
- After that start the installation wizard, at this time you don’t have to do anything.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be asked to enter an active Gmail ID.
- Enter the credentials of your Gmail ID to proceed with the configuration.
This method is for both BlueStacks and Nox. Now you know how to install an Android emulator and I think it is time to tell you how to download and install XC Guide for PC.
Download and Install XC Guide for PC Windows and Mac: [ Android Version ]
Now you need to make sure the app you are installing doesn’t have a PC client. Because if it does have a PC client then you don’t have to go through with all this. All you have to do is download the PC client and install it.
Let’s get started, now.
Installing an Android app on a PC is similar to installing an app on an Android device. Functionality is identical, you will use Google Play Store to Install XC Guide for PC.
✅ First you need to make sure that either BlueStacks or Nox is Installed and configured properly on your Mac or PC.
✅ After that you need to open BlueStacks and head over to the main screen which is also known as the home screen.
✅ Here you will find the Google Play Store icon. It will be similar to what it is on an Android device. Don’t worry you will easily find it.
✅ Once you do, click on the Google Play icon and wait for it to load up. It may take some time to load up, once it does, click on the search bar and type XC Guide, hit enter.
✅ On the next screen you will be presented with a list of all the apps containing XC Guide as a name. Choose the one you want to download and click on its name.
✅ You will be then taken to the App info page. Where you will see the download button. Click on the download button and your downloading will be started.
Once the downloading and installing of XC Guide on a PC is finished, you will be notified.
That’s all. This is how you can download XC Guide for PC. Just follow the instructions provided above and you will be able to use XC Guide on PC Windows and Mac.