- First, you need to download the BlueStacks Android Emulator if you are installing CrookCatcher mobile version for PC. Otherwise, you can download the Windows or Mac Client on your PC.
- After BlueStacks is installed on your Windows or Mac. You need to Log in using your Gmail account.
- Open Google Play in BlueStacks and download the CrookCatcher on your PC.
I have made a simple step-by-step guide in order for you to learn how to download and install CrookCatcher on a PC running Windows or Mac.
Does CrookCatcher Android App works on PC:
It does I have tried it. But to be honest, I cannot say it works perfectly because sometimes it does work and sometimes it does not. Using an Android emulator on a PC does provide an Android ecosystem.
But that doesn’t mean it works without any flaws. However, as I said most of the time Android CCTV apps do work and you can easily use them on a PC.
Disaster scenario #1: What if your phone got stolen?
With CrookCatcher installed on your phone or tablet, you might have a chance at getting it back!
CrookCatcher hides behind the lockscreen and takes a picture of anyone trying to unlock your device with the wrong pin, password or pattern.
CrookCatcher immediately emails the photo of the crook to you, along with your device’s current GPS location.
So whether your phone gets stolen or your coworker/partner/friend is simply snooping around, with CrookCatcher you always know if you have an intruder!
• Takes photo with secret camera when someone tries to unlock your phone with the wrong code.
• Sends email with photo, GPS coordinates, accuracy, estimated street address, map and link to Google Device Manager with which you can track your device’s location 24/7.
• Works with password, pin code and pattern lock.
• Combined map and photo view to browse pictures inside the app.
• Of course it is completely silent and secret (turn off notifications in settings).
• No battery drain – CrookCatcher only runs when the wrong code is entered.
• Select number of unlock attempts before picture is taken
• More picture combinations
Take 2 pictures with front camera and 2 pictures with back camera.
• Record sound clip
With sound recordings you can learn more about the surroundings and possibly identify voices.
• Sound alarm
Play a custom alarm sound at full volume when the wrong password is put it.
• Alert Message
Show a custom message on the lock screen, when a picture is taken. You could tell the crook to return your phone, or you’ll show their picture to the police.
• Detect break in
Take a picture and send alert email if the crook guesses the right password after having failed.
• Retry email
If disconnected from the internet, postpone emails until back online.
• Change email subject
Change email subject text, to avoid crooks seeing revealing notifications
• App lock
Set a pattern lock to access CrookCatcher. Fingerprint can also be used.
• Disguise app
Change app icon and label to look like a Files app, so intruders won’t find out you have CrookCatcher installed.
• Hide Notifications
Don’t let the crook know that you got him on camera
• No ads
Enjoy an ad-free app and support the development of CrookCatcher.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – C – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Note: This app uses the Device Administrator permission to monitor screen unlock attempts.
Pop up cameras
CrookCatcher does not support pop up cameras.
Source: Google Play
Should I Download BlueStacks or Nox Player? Is it Safe?
I have been using BlueStacks and Nox app player for quite some time. I have never faced any issue regarding Security or privacy. So I can say, that it’s safe to download both.
But there is a point I would like to address. Keep that in mind, if you have a low-end PC or Laptop. I would suggest going for lite Android emulators because BlueStacks has its own core engine and it does eat up a lot of resources.
Thus, your system will start lagging, slowing up, and also it will freeze up too. Other than that, there is no issue whatsoever.
Download Android Emulator for Windows and Mac:
As I have told you before that there is no direct way to install Android apps on a PC. So you will require an Android emulator for this specific purpose. You can download Android Emulator from the following links. One link is for BlueStacks and the other one is for Nox.
How to Install BlueStacks and Nox on a Windows or Mac PC:
Heed the instructions below and you will learn how you can install and configure BlueStacks and Nox. Installing and configuring both emulators is very simple. It feels the same as setting up an Android device.
- Download the EXE file from the link given above. Mac users, need to download the DMG file.
- After that start the installation wizard, at this time you don’t have to do anything.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be asked to enter an active Gmail ID.
- Enter the credentials of your Gmail ID to proceed with the configuration.
This method is for both BlueStacks and Nox. Now you know how to install an Android emulator and I think it is time to tell you how to download and install CrookCatcher for PC.
Download and Install CrookCatcher for PC Windows and Mac: [ Android Version ]
Now you need to make sure the app you are installing doesn’t have a PC client. Because if it does have a PC client then you don’t have to go through with all this. All you have to do is download the PC client and install it.
Let’s get started, now.
Installing an Android app on a PC is similar to installing an app on an Android device. Functionality is identical, you will use Google Play Store to Install CrookCatcher for PC.
✅ First you need to make sure that either BlueStacks or Nox is Installed and configured properly on your Mac or PC.
✅ After that you need to open BlueStacks and head over to the main screen which is also known as the home screen.
✅ Here you will find the Google Play Store icon. It will be similar to what it is on an Android device. Don’t worry you will easily find it.
✅ Once you do, click on the Google Play icon and wait for it to load up. It may take some time to load up, once it does, click on the search bar and type CrookCatcher, hit enter.
✅ On the next screen you will be presented with a list of all the apps containing CrookCatcher as a name. Choose the one you want to download and click on its name.
✅ You will be then taken to the App info page. Where you will see the download button. Click on the download button and your downloading will be started.
Once the downloading and installing of CrookCatcher on a PC is finished, you will be notified.
That’s all. This is how you can download CrookCatcher for PC. Just follow the instructions provided above and you will be able to use CrookCatcher on PC Windows and Mac.