- First, you need to download the BlueStacks Android Emulator if you are installing MX Player mobile version for PC. Otherwise, you can download the Windows or Mac Client on your PC.
- After BlueStacks is installed on your Windows or Mac. You need to Log in using your Gmail account.
- Open Google Play in BlueStacks and download the MX Player on your PC.
I have made a simple step-by-step guide in order for you to learn how to download and install MX Player on a PC running Windows or Mac.
Does MX Player Android App works on PC:
It does I have tried it. But to be honest, I cannot say it works perfectly because sometimes it does work and sometimes it does not. Using an Android emulator on a PC does provide an Android ecosystem.
But that doesn’t mean it works without any flaws. However, as I said most of the time Android CCTV apps do work and you can easily use them on a PC.
About MX Player:
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING – File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
– DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* “LOCATION” permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* “NETWORK” and “WIFI” permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* “CAMERA” permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* “INTERNET” is required to play internet streams.
* “VIBRATE” is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* “WAKE_LOCK” is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Source: Google Play
Should I Download BlueStacks or Nox Player? Is it Safe?
I have been using BlueStacks and Nox app player for quite some time. I have never faced any issue regarding security or privacy. So I can say, that it’s safe to download both.
But there is a point I would like to address. Keep that in mind, if you have a low-end PC or Laptop. I would suggest going for lite Android emulators because BlueStacks has its own core engine and it does eat up a lot of resources.
Thus, your system will start lagging, slowing up, and also it will freeze up too. Other than that, there is no issue whatsoever.
Download Android Emulator for Windows and Mac:
As I have told you before that there is no direct way to install Android apps on a PC. So you will require an Android emulator for this specific purpose. You can download Android Emulator from the following links. One link is for BlueStacks and the other one is for Nox.
How to Install BlueStacks and Nox on a Windows or Mac PC:
Heed the instructions below and you will learn how you can install and configure BlueStacks and Nox. Installing and configuring both emulators is very simple. It feels the same as setting up an Android device.
- Download the EXE file from the link given above. Mac users, need to download the DMG file.
- After that start the installation wizard, at this time you don’t have to do anything.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be asked to enter an active Gmail ID.
- Enter the credentials of your Gmail ID to proceed with the configuration.
This method is for both BlueStacks and Nox. Now you know how to install an Android emulator and I think it is time to tell you how to download and install MX Player for PC.
Download and Install MX Player for PC Windows and Mac: [ Android Version ]
Now you need to make sure the app you are installing doesn’t have a PC client. Because if it does have a PC client then you don’t have to go through with all this. All you have to do is download the PC client and install it.
Let’s get started, now.
Installing an Android app on a PC is similar to installing an app on an Android device. Functionality is identical, you will use Google Play Store to Install MX Player for PC.
✅ First you need to make sure that either BlueStacks or Nox is Installed and configured properly on your Mac or PC.
✅ After that you need to open BlueStacks and head over to the main screen which is also known as the home screen.
✅ Here you will find the Google Play Store icon. It will be similar to what it is on an Android device. Don’t worry you will easily find it.
✅ Once you do, click on the Google Play icon and wait for it to load up. It may take some time to load up, once it does, click on the search bar and type MX Player, hit enter.
✅ On the next screen you will be presented with a list of all the apps containing MX Player as a name. Choose the one you want to download and click on its name.
✅ You will be then taken to the App info page. Where you will see the download button. Click on the download button and your downloading will be started.
Once the downloading and installing of MX Player on a PC is finished, you will be notified.
That’s all. This is how you can download MX Player for PC. Just follow the instructions provided above and you will be able to use MX Player on PC Windows and Mac.